Centre for Civil Society in partnership with the LAMP (Legislative Assistants to Member of Parliament) Fellowship is organizing an ìpolicy for young leaders, a four day certificate course on public policy and liberal philosophy. The course involves a variety of interactive learning methods, including dynamic games, talks, dialogues, and documentaries, designed to provide participants with an opportunity to explore and share ideas about policy-based solutions to social problems from a liberal perspective.
CCS believes that persistent and widespread social problems have their root cause in public policies that either interfere with or fail to support the operation of civil society—local communities and free markets.
The specific objectives of the course:
- To create a fun, open, and respectful environment where everyone is encouraged to think critically about social, economic, and political issues.
- To equip participants with fundamental concepts of political economy and sound public policy to enable them understand the root cause of current challenges and effectively advocate for policy solutions through their current work and future professions.
- To provide a platform for participants to network and to connect with national and international opportunities to develop their grasp of public policy and idea leadership.
We have built a dedicated and enthusiastic network of thousands of students and supporters across the nation. Over 80 seminars across 30 cities have created more than 6000 change makers.
KEY BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Educational: Through discourses by knowledge experts and access to ipolicy resources which is a combination of articles, research papers, commentaries and videos, participants are exposed to a wide range of topics especially in the areas of livelihood, governance, education, poverty, law, corruption, politics and more. Informal interaction with faculty members during free time, meals and social events provide a greater opportunity to learn, discuss and share ideas.
- Skill Development: Working groups, role play, discussion and debates enhance participant’s analytical, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Career Advice: All our courses include guest lecturers from at least three different disciplines, each providing participants with career advice on different sectors. Participants also gain access to the international network of policy think tanks which are associated with the Academy.
- Social Connections: An opportunity to network and interact with fellow participants coming from diverse backgrounds and disciplines representing leading colleges from all over India and abroad.
- Access to Graduate Network: ipolicy has attracted more than 3000 bright, talented individuals who share a common interest in learning and exchanging ideas on critical issues plaguing India. All participants will join this network, many of whom are now studying or working in top tier international and national colleges and organisation throughout the world.
- Future Opportunities: Promising and active participants can further engage with other CCS Academy initiatives and campaigns. The Academy will also help graduates to learn and participate in national and international academic and informal programs.
For Further information contact;