You are here
ìpolicy for Young Leaders aims to reach out to undergraduates, graduates, post graduates and recent graduates who have just started working. CCS believes that such individuals hold the power to change the future, and because they are currently in a space where their belief and knowledge could be channelized and strengthened through exposure to ideas of a free society.
- To create a fun, open, and respectful environment where everyone is encouraged to think critically about social, economic, and political issues.
- To evoke in participants a passionate inquiry into their own values and role in creating a good society.
- To equip participants with fundamental concepts of political economy and sound public policy to enable them understand the root cause of current challenges and effectively advocate for policy solutions through their current work and future professions.
- To plug participants into a global network of opportunities to propel their intellectual growth, make personal connections and access resources to help them advance their vision of a free society.
Eligibility: The course is open to all students, recent graduates as well as post graduates. Participants will be selected based on their application merit.
Please Note: Selected participants are required to attend all the sessions held during the course upon which they will receive a certificate of participation.
The ipolicy program is being held over two consecutive weekends, the dates are given below.
Date: 31 October-1 November, 7-8 November (The course will be conducted over a duration of two weekends)
- The course fee is Rs 3,000, which shall cover food and program materials for the entire duration of the program only.
- Participants are to make their own travel and stay arrangements.
- The fee is payable upon selection, and can be made online, via cheque or DD, details of which will be communicated later.
- Application deadline: 4 October 2015
- Selected participants will be notified on a rolling basis.
Click here for more information.
To secure freedom, prosperity, and good governance, a democratic society requires a high level of ethical and informed reporting. Centre for Civil Society in partnership with Atlas Network offers ìpolicy, a three day residential course for journalists to equip them with tools to better understand and evaluate the effects of public policies in our day to day functioning. This award winning course focuses on issues in the key areas of education, livelihoods for the poor, and good governance.
- To equip participants with analytical tools to better understand and evaluate the effects of public policies so as to better distinguish between objective facts and merely subjective opinions and intentions of policies from their actual results
- To offer unconventional angles and story ideas, information sources, and expert perspectives
Eligibility: The course is open to all journalists. Participants will be selected based on their application merit.
Please Note: Selected participants will be required to attend the entire duration (4-6 September 2015) of the course upon which they will receive a Certificate in Public Policy.
- The course fee is Rs 500, which includes all meals, accommodation and course material
- Application deadline: 20 August 2015
- Selected participants will be notified on a rolling basis
The fee is payable upon selection and payment can be made online or through cheque (Travel costs will not be included – participants must make their own arrangements).
To know more and apply click here.
“ipolicy gave me a new sight to see things differently. It changed my take on various issues related to government and its policies. I became aware of how economic freedom for the poor is currently just a myth and I understand that if they are offered economic freedom in its true sense, they may do much better, not only for themselves, but for the society as well”
- Shashank Dwivedi, ipolicy Graduate, 2013
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to interact with our renowned faculty and meet other young students interested in public policy! APPLY NOW.
For more information, contact Sadaf Hussain (firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 99531 33868).
Applications for the 'ipolicy', a four day residential course in public policy are now open! Join Centre for Civil Society for an outside classroom experience like no other and be equipped with the fundamentals of political economy and sound public policy. Understand current challenges and effectively advocate for solutions that will change the policy landscape for the better!
(The programs are open to all students, graduates, post graduates or who've recently started working.)
Deadline to apply: 30 May, 2015. To apply and more details click here.
Dates to watch:
- Application Deadline: Thursday, 30 April 2015
- First list announcement: Monday, 04 May 2015
- Interviews: Saturday-Sunday, 9-10 May 2015
- Final list announcement: Monday, 11 May 2015
- Internship dates: 5 June - 17 July 2015
Click here for more information.