About the Program
CCS' Massive Open Online Course on Education Policy aims to train and skill young professionals and students in research methods and in the philosophical, economic, and political aspects of the education policy landscape in India. This course will (a) provide a solid foundation in the theories that have influenced policy decisions over the decades, (b) take through steps in the process of policy formulation, (c) impart knowledge and skills necessary to analyze such education policies and (d) suggest reforms on the basis of successful pilot studies from across the world and from emerging trends in the sector.
The course is divided into four comprehensive modules, keeping in mind the 4 week engagement offered. It also has a subjective e-assessment towards the end. The overall engagement duration is roughly 16-20 hours which can be self-paced over the duration of the course. There will be a minimum of 1 month to complete the course and submit the tests.
Event Date: 1 May 2020 to 30 June 2020
01/05/2020 - Admissions Open
10/05/2020 - EarlyBird deadline (10% scholarship on course fee)
31/05/2020 - Last date to register
30/06/2020 - Last date to complete the course and submit test
- Offered entirely on a digital learning platform to reach professionals and students in the farthest ends of the country
- Comprises of 4 modules with 20 topics covered through video lectures, animations, quizzes, simulation building etc.
- Discussion forum and technical query resolution forum
- Eminent board of mentors and experienced faculty team
*Due to monitored enrollment and subjective test evaluation, the candidates will be selected on a First Come First Serve basis. Limited seats available!
Module 1: Unpacking 'Education'
- Distinction between Knowledge, Education, Schooling and Learning
- Philosophy of Education: Key thinkers and Ideas
- Diversity and Equity in Education
- State, Civil Society, and Education: Gandhi, Tagore, Radhakrishnan, Krishnamurthy
- Emergence of Curriculum: The National Curriculum Framework and SSA
- Government in Education
Module 2: Economics of Education
- The Landscape of Education in India
- Demand, Supply, Exchange - How Markets Work in Education
- Defining Schools: Public and Private Alternatives in India
- Structure of School Financing in India
- The Cost of Universal Schooling in India
Module 3: Regulatory Framework for Education in India
- Analysis of Educational Administration in India
- Reading Data in Education: Key Sources
- Evolution of Education Policy in India
- Understanding RTE
- Advancing Social Justice
Module 4: Catalyzing Quality Education Delivery - Solving Puzzles in Education
- Re-envisioning the Learning Space
- Technology in Education
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Reforms in Education
Admissions NOW OPEN!
Please click on the link below and follow the instructions
Your seat would be reserved once you register and make the payment