You are here
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Education Policy
About the Program
CCS' Massive Open Online Course on Education Policy - Education in India - Ideas | Policies | Alternatives aims to train and skill young professionals and students in research methods and in the philosophical, economic, and political aspects of the education policy landscape in India. This course will
(a) provide a solid foundation in the theories that have influenced policy decisions over the decades,
(b) take through steps in the process of policy formulation,
(c) impart knowledge and skills necessary to analyze such education policies and
(d) suggest reforms on the basis of successful pilot studies from across the world and from emerging trends in the sector.
The course is divided into five comprehensive modules. It also has an e-assessment towards the end. The overall engagement duration is roughly 25-30 hours which can be self-paced over the duration of the course. There will be 180 days from the date of your enrolment, to complete the course and submit the test.
Admissions Open from 1st May 2021
- Updated with the National Education Policy 2020 - evolution, key reforms, additional readings etc
- Offered entirely on a digital learning platform to reach professionals and students in the farthest ends of the country
- Comprises of 5 modules with 25 topics covered through video lectures, readings, animations, quizzes, simulation building etc.
- Peer discussion forum and technical query resolution forum
- Eminent board of mentors and experienced faculty team
Limited seats available!
Module 1: Unpacking 'Education'
- Distinction between Knowledge, Education, Schooling and Learning
- Philosophy of Education: Key thinkers and Ideas
- Diversity and Equity in Education
- State, Civil Society, and Education: Gandhi, Tagore, Radhakrishnan, Krishnamurthy
- Government in Education
Economics of Education
- The Landscape of Education in India
- Demand, Supply, Exchange - How Markets Work in Education
- Defining Schools: Public and Private Alternatives in India
- Structure of School Financing in India
- The Cost of Universal Schooling in India
Regulatory Framework for Education in India
- Analysis of Educational Administration in India
- Reading Data in Education: Key Sources
- Evolution of Education Policy in India
- Understanding RTE
- Advancing Social Justice
Module 4: Catalyzing Quality Education Delivery - Solving Puzzles in Education
- Re-envisioning the Learning Space
- Technology in Education
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Reforms in Education
Module 5: Under CCS Spotlight : NEP 2020
- Evolution of National Education Policy in India
- Highlights of the National Education Policy 2020
- Summary of the NEP 2020 - School education and Higher education
- 5 Key reform ideas in NEP 2020
- NEP 2020 : CCS Panel discussion
Admissions NOW OPEN!
Please click on the link below and follow the instructions
You can begin the course once you make the payment